Founded in 1964, All Hallows Academy's campus is part of All Hallows Parish, within the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego, CA. We provide for students in kindergarten through eighth grade (TK-8), a Christian education dedicated to excellence.
Under the leadership of Principal Mary Skeen and with the outstanding support of Academy faculty, staff and families, our Academy received a full six year accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Catholic Educational Association.
Over the last few years, our Academy's campus has undergone significant renovations. In 2019 All Hallows undertook a complete renovation of our playground area replacing all play structures. A transitional kindergarten was added in 2014. Our kindergarten is bright and spacious; our Science Lab is conducive to creativity and scientific learning; our Computer Lab is state-of-the-art and our library is fully stocked and provides an excellent space to study, relax and read. In addition, our Learning Center has three classrooms and we have a noteworthy music room and a vibrant art studio. Our campus renovation included a completely upgraded sports field, sport courts and playground.
In addition to academic excellence, All Hallows Academy offers a wide variety of after school programs. We also offer an extended daycare program to accommodate students before school from 7:30 A.M. and after school until 5:00 P.M.
Our Christian Teaching Philosophy
All Hallows Academy is a Catholic coeducational school in La Jolla, California that provides an academically stimulating environment for Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our philosophy is built around our schoolwide learning expectations. The expectations for each student of All Hallows are to become:
- A Model of Christ expressing Compassion and modeling Leadership.
- An Evangelist of the Gospel proclaiming the Good News as a Christian Witness and displaying Courage.
- A Dedicated Student demonstrating Responsibility and practing Self-discipline.
- A Team Player encouraging Cooperation and embracing Honesty.
- A Humble Servant exhibiting Tolerance and showing Respect.
We believe in children and their ability to creatively shape the future. As educators we are facilitators of lifelong learning. We believe that children nurtured in love, truth, and beauty can make the world a better place. To this end we strive for a holistic learning environment that affords All Hallows' students the opportunity to examine the fundamental questions of human experience and respond to those questions with decisions based on Christian principles. As part of our teaching philosophy we have identified the following Ten Virtues that lay the foundation for an All Hallows student.
The Ten Virtues
- Christian Witness - the ability to keep a promise, be generous and be loyal to our faith
- Compassion - the ability to be sympathetic and tenderhearted toward those who suffer
- Responsibility - the ability to fulfill obligations and commitments with grace and maturity
- Respect - the ability to regard others with consideration and appreciation
- Tolerance - the ability to be fair and non-judgmental toward others
- Self-Discipline - the ability to follow rules and make good choices
- Courage - the ability to face difficulties and challenges even if one is afraid
- Leadership - the ability to guide yourself and others in a positive direction
- Cooperation - the ability to work together for a common purpose
- Honesty - the ability to be fair, sincere and to act with integrity
All Hallows Academy School Facts
|Type:||Private, Catholic, Co-educational|
|Accreditation:||WASC/WCEA - 2019, received the full six year accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Catholic Educational Association|
|County:||San Diego County, California|
|# Days in School Year:||180|
|Hours in School Day for Students:||7 hours|